Are you buying my car from me?
No, CARCHASE does not buy your car from you. Instead, our main method of working with you is to facilitate the sale of your car via our peer to peer marketplace. We act as agents on your behalf, handling everything to do with the process of selling your vehicle, including pickup, drop off, pre-sale inspection, any repairs (if necessary), photography and listing, buyer viewings, settlement, paperwork and transfer to the buyer. It is a complete end to end service that will add convenience and simplicity to your life.
To give you the certainty of a sale, if your car does not sell on our marketplace within 60 days, we will make you an Offer of Liquidity and a Guaranteed Sale.
Do you accept trade-ins?
Yes we do. If you are interested in purchasing a vehicle from CARCHASE but need to sell your current car, we would be more than happy to help by listing your car on our platform.
What is a Guaranteed Sale?
If your car does not sell within the agency term of 60 days, we will make you an Offer of Liquidity and a Guaranteed Sale.
This mechanism gives you the certainty of a sale. The offer presented to you at the conclusion of agency period will be subject to prevailing marketing conditions in alternative channels, and may at times, be lower than the Price Promise amount.
Should you not wish to accept the Offer of Liquidity, you may also choose to renew the agency period.
When do I get paid?
• Once a buyer agrees to buy your car, they may reserve it by paying you a deposit of $500 by credit card, BPay or PayPal via our website platform. The buyer must then send full payment for your car to our CARCHASE motor dealer trust account within three (3) business days after making the reservation.
• If you have any security interest owing on the car that needs to be cleared for legal transfer to take effect, upon your instruction, we can arrange for the outstanding amount to be deducted from the settlement proceeds.
• Where the security interest exceeds the settlement proceeds, you will need to pay the difference.
• Where the settlement proceeds exceed the security interest, CARCHASE will deposit the difference directly into your bank account.
How do I get a free Price Promise on my car?
• The first step to obtaining a Price Promise estimate is by using the free tool on our website. This is a simple online process that will take you no more than two minutes to complete.
• The next step will be to select a time of your choosing for the inspection to be carried out. One of our friendly CARCHASE staff will confirm the time and location with you and then proceed to pick the car up and perform an inspection involving cosmetic and mechanical review.
• The mechanical inspection will be conducted by a licensed motor vehicle repairer and in accordance with our CARCHASE motor vehicle inspection process for the purpose of creating a CARCHASE inspection report.
• Once the inspection is passed, we will offer you a final Price Promise (exclusive of GST or LCT) that forms the basis for pricing the motor vehicle on the marketplace with a Listing Price.
How do you come up with the Price Promise?
A variety of factors help determine the Price Promise value of your car, including but not limited to, the market data of comparable motor vehicles at the time of inspection, the subjective qualities of the car including the cost of corrective repairs or maintenance, in each case as advised by CARCHASE according to in its own opinion.
How many days will it take to sell my car?
CARCHASE cannot guarantee the length of time that it will take to sell your car through the service, nor can we guarantee that your vehicle will be sold. We will endeavour to do our best to ensure that your car is presented in the best possible light to make it an attractive and compelling proposition to prospective buyers.
Do you accept cars that require repairs?
• It's normal for used motor vehicles to exhibit some reasonable wear and tear with use, kilometers and age. During the inspection process, CARCHASE will document cosmetic defects and imperfections of your car but may omit wear and tear of any cosmetic defect or imperfection that may be corrected with elementary detailing techniques.
• We can also help you correct any and all discovered service items, mechanical repairs or cosmetic defects beyond what would be reasonably considered as fair wear and tear given your car's age and kilometres. All such repairs will be performed by a carefully curated network of approved vendors at trade prices.
• Repairs will only carried out with your prior consent and approval, and will be invoiced as Authorised Costs for the purpose of improving the saleability or value of your car